CLMD16 is a 16-Channel DC Load Controller Module. Four of the 16 breakers handle a maximum of 25 amps and twelve breakers handle a maximum of 12 amps with a total current capacity of 125 Amps. Additionally, circuits can be paralleled.
The CLMD16 also supports two H-Bridge reversing polarity circuits that can be used for loads such as engine hatches, passerelles, trim tabs, etc. The CLMD16 has 8 inputs for hard-wired switches that can be used to switch breaker states, or as inputs for other data such as bilge alarms or hatch positions, etc. There are 3 inputs capable of monitoring tank levels.
The CLMD16 handles many DC load types such as lights, pumps, motors, and electronics. An added benefit of the CLMD16 is that it reports the current through each of the 16 breakers. This allows you to determine if loads are drawing too much or too little electrical current. This information can be used to report overcurrent faults and under-current conditions such as burnt-out bulbs. The CLMD16 is sold off-the-shelf in the following configurations.
- NMEA 2000® Interface
- IP67 Rated
- Ignition Protected
- Opto-isolated from NMEA 2000®, eliminating potential ground loops
- Sixteen (16) dimmable Electronic Circuit Breakers (ECBs) for On/Off Control over NMEA 2000® network
- 4 breakers capable of carrying up to 25 Amps
- 12 breakers capable of carrying up to 12 Amps
- Individual breaker electrical current monitoring
- Breakers can have Power-Up states defined (ON, OFF or previous states)
- Breakers can be Locked against inadvertent actuation.
- Capacitive touch switches for local control of all loads
- All inputs and outputs protected against short to Power and short to Ground
- Automatic ECB overcurrent shutdown
- Automatic ECB thermal shutdown (Overtemperature Protection)
- Eight (8) discrete digital input channels capable of sensing +ve or ground signals
- Two (2) resistive analog input channels
- One (1) 4-20mA current loop input channel