MG Master LV 24-48V/MG Master LV Battery Management Controller
The MG Master LV is the safety and control unit of the battery system. It protects the connected battery modules against overcharging, overdischarging, overtemperature, undertemperature and controls the balancing of the battery cells.
- Integrated precharge circuit;
- Safety contactors in positive power path;
- High Voltage Interlock Loop (HVIL) (only on M12 model)
- Internal event logging;
- CAN Bus communication;
- State Of Health and State Of Charge tracking;
- Monitoring of all battery parameters (cell voltage,
- DC distribution and fuse box;
Battery system components
MG’s Lithium Ion battery system consists of the following components:
- One or more MG Master LV battery management controllers;
- One or more MG Lithium Ion battery modules;
Consult MG Energy Systems B.V. for compatibility with the different battery types.
The main function of the BMS is to avoid electrical abuse of the battery cells and therefore it monitors different parameters to detect battery failures. This is key to lower the risks of using a Lithium-Ion battery system.
MG’s system philosophy is to have one master BMS (MG Master LV) which communicates with slave BMS’s (Lithium-Ion battery modules). The Slave BMS’s are capable of monitoring the battery cell parameters like, cell voltage, cell temperature, balancing control and humidity inside the enclosure. All these parameters are send to the MG Master HL via a separated CAN-Bus which collects all the data and monitors these parameters with different limits. When a parameter exceeds the limit this will first be communicated to the user (via the AUX. CAN-Bus). If the exceeded limit will stay, the MG Master HV has the possibility to disconnect the batteries from the system by opening its main contactors.